Monday, February 23, 2009

Chili

I also took chili to our church party. I didn't really follow a "chili recipe"...just kind of added what I felt like :) Again, I forgot to take a picture before we walked out the door...but it must have been taste because it was gone :)

I started by browning two pounds of hamburger. Put it into the crockpot. I then added 2 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained), 2 cans of kidney beans (rinsed and drained), 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 cup of salsa, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, white pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. Mix it all together and heat through. We would just check it and add a few more shakes of spices as we thought it needed more. It turned out very yummy. I love chili with melted cheese so of course I added to cheese to my bowl :)

No comments: