Thursday, January 5, 2023

Green Chicken Enchilada Soup

 

One of my co-workers makes this soup when we have soup days.  It's delicious.  I made it myself finally when we decided we wanted a chicken tortilla soup this week.  I made it in my crockpot.
Place chicken (abt 2 1/2 lbs), a 28 oz can of green enchilada sauce (I did mild this time.  Next time I would do medium), and 24 oz of chicken broth in a crockpot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Shred chicken.  Note to self:  I took it out and shredded it using my kitchen aid.  I did it a little too much so the chicken was a little mushy as it sat.  So next time I will cut it or not shred it as much.  Add the chicken back into the juices in the crockpot along with 1 cup milk, 1 can of corn (drained), 2 cups monterey jack cheese, 4 oz. cream cheese (cubed and softened), and 6 oz. green salsa.  Turn to warm and stir.  To our bowls, we added avocado, cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips.  Delicious!  Next time I will definitely add a can of green chilies at the end.  We needed a bit more kick!

No comments: