Friday, January 6, 2023

Bundt Pan Monkey Bread

 

I got my aunt's recipe for this but decided to make a couple changes.  I loved that her recipe had homemade dough for the bread.  I've usually only seen this recipe with canned biscuits or frozen roll dough so I was super happy to get this recipe.

Add 1 1/4 cup warm water to 1 TBL yeast.  Mix well and add 1 tsp salt, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg.  Add 2 cups flour and mix.  Add 1 1/2 - 2 cups more of flour.  Cover and let raise.  Make small dough balls (I had to add a bit more flour to my dough at this time because the dough was so sticky) and roll each ball in cinnamon and sugar mix.  Place in greased bundt pan.  Melt 1/2 cup butter in a pan.  Add 1 cup brown sugar and mix well.  As it starts to boil, add about 1/4 cup of milk.  Stir in chopped nuts (if desired).  Pour over dough.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  

I covered the dough and placed it in the fridge to bake the next morning.  It raised a lot in the fridge but it still worked out just fine once I cooked it.

No comments: