Sunday, September 4, 2016

Roast Beef French Dip Sandwiches

I made this last Sunday to try out for my freezer meal swap.  We loved it!

Roast  (I used about a 3 lb. chuck roast)
1 can of French onion soup
1 can of beef broth1 TBL worchestire sauce


Cook in crock pot in high for 8 hours. (Maybe less depending on your crock pot). Shred meat. Pour drippings into a pot and boil about 5 minutes (mine boiled in the crock pot enough that I didn't do this. Toast buns and serve with meat inside. Dip in sauce. Could add a slice of provolone cheese to your sandwich.  This made enough for 10 sandwiches with plenty of leftovers.

We had a lot of left overs so I just put it in a bag with the extra drippings on top. It would even just be a great roast!

ETA: We had the leftovers for Sunday dinner yesterday just as a roast (I froze the leftovers from last week's meal). I added a cup of beef broth to my crock pot since most of the liquid was used from last Sunday's meal and just cooked it on low for 6 hours.   It was AWESOME and so tender!!!!

No comments: