Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Roast Beef Burritos

Monday I cooked a roast in the crock pot.  Tonight I needed to use the leftovers.  I found a recipe online for Roast Beef Burritos so I used it to create my own.

1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 onion, chopped,
1 clove garlic, minced
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 cup roast beef, cooked and chopped
1 cup salsa
cumin
red pepper flakes
tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
refried beans
lettuce
sour cream

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until tender.  Mix in the tomoatoes, beef, salsa, cumin, and re pepper flakes.  Bring the mixture to boil (add a few TBL of water if needed).  Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.  Serve in tortillas layering remaining ingredients.  Definitely will use this recipe again for leftovers!  Yum!

No comments: