Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chocolate Sauce

While visiting my MIL we had ice cream (of course). Of course it was served with her famous chocolate sauce. I'm not really a fan of chocolate syrup on ice cream but this is very tasty! :) She received this recipe from a friend several years ago and gave me permission to share this yummy topping!

1/2 C corn syrup, light
1 C sugar
9 TB cocoa (equates to 0.56 cups)
3 TB butter/margaine
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C canned milk (evaporated milk)

Cook corn syrup and sugar in microwave on high for 4 minutes. (My MIL uses her 1 qt glass measuring bowl and a short handled wooden spoon. She mixes corn syrup and sugar together, leaving the spoon in the bowl. Next she puts it in the microwave for 4 min but stir it once at about 2 minutes.)
Add cocoa and butter and stir until blended.
Add vanilla and canned milk, blend. (gradually add canned milk until well blended)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Sounds good! Judy and I are going to try it out.