Friday, February 6, 2009

Triple Layer Peanut Butter Brownies



This recipe came from my sister...she found it in a "Food & Family" magazine...
1 pkg. brownie mix, prepared in a 13x 9 inch pan (I used my mom's brownie recipe)
1 cup of cold milk
1 pkg. Jello Vanilla Flavor instant pudding & pie filling (I personally use "bulk" pudding so I added about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of pudding powder)
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip whipped topping (do not thaw)
3 squares Baker's semi-sweet baking chips (I used about 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1/2 cup of Planter dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped (I didn't use these since my son refuses to eat anything w/ nuts he can see)

Whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 min. while brownies are cooling. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well. Cover and refrigerate pudding mixture until brownies are completely cooled. Spread pudding mixture over brownies. Microwave whipped topping and chocolate on high 1 min., stirring every 30 sec. spread over pudding; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate 1 hr. refrigerate leftovers.

No comments: