Saturday, November 1, 2008

Idaho Chicken

This recipe is from my Aunt Trice. I made this a lot when we were first married because it was quick and easy when we were both gone so much. After about 2 years of marriage, Dave told me that he really didn't like this dish. I couldn't believe that he was just telling me this after 2 years....he told me that he knew how much I liked it so that's why he didn't tell me...TRUE LOVE! So I try to only make this when I know he won't be home because I really do like this dish :)

4 chicken breast halves
1 tsp onion flakes
3 lg potatoes
½ tsp pepper
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cube margarine (optional...I don't usually use this)
½ cup milk
½ tsp garlic salt

Set chicken in a greased 9x13 pan. Slice potatoes into bite-size pieces, surrounding the chicken. Melt the margarine and pour over chicken and potatoes. Add milk to the soup and stir. Pour over the potatoes and chicken. Sprinkle with onion flakes, garlic salt, and pepper. Bake at 375 for 1 ½ hours or until chicken is brown.

No comments: