Saturday, November 1, 2008

Beef Enchiladas

This recipe is my mom's. Every time I make it I can't help but think of my grandpa and grandma Roberts. I remember going over to their house and making enchiladas with my mom. My Grandpa...the stubborn guy that he was...would always be so upset that we would bring our food over to feed him. I miss his teasing...love you, Grandpa!

Brown 1 lb of hamburger. Add chopped onions if desired. Add ½ to 1 can of enchilada sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. In a 9x13 pan, cover the bottom with a thin layer of enchilada sauce. Spoon meat into a tortilla shell, topped with chopped olives, and grated cheese. Roll tortilla and put in pan. Continue with tortillas until meat is gone. Top tortillas with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I've made one adjustment to this recipe...I usually add one can of refried beans to the hamburger. Everything I do the same as mom. :)

No comments: