Saturday, March 12, 2011

Puppy Chow

I meant to post this recipe last month but just forgot about it until I was sorting through pictures today.  It's a yummy special treat at our house!  We use to make this at my house growing up...it's a fun one to make with the kids because of all the shaking :)  I think the proper name for it is Muddy Buddies.
1 pkg chocolate chips
1 stick margarine
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Crispix cereal or Chex cereal
1 12oz unsalted dry roasted nuts (optional...I honestly don't think I've ever had this with the nuts in it.)
3 cups powdered sugar
Mix Crispix and nuts in large bowl. Put the powdered sugar in large brown paper bag. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine. Pour over Crispix and nuts. Mix well. Dump mixture into brown bag with powdered sugar and shake well. Pour into bowl and eat.

No comments: