Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mexican Chicken in the Crock Pot

Yesterday I decided I needed something different than was on the menu so I tried this recipe

It was delicious!  We will definitely be having this again.  Can't beat an AWESOME crock pot recipe!
1 can black beans
1 can chili (with beans)

4 chicken breasts, boned & skinned (I used 8 chicken tenderloins)
1 pkg. taco seasoning  (I buy taco seasoning in bulk so it was about 2 TBL of seasoning)

Combine all in crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours (I actually cooked it on high for 4 hours since the chicken was frozen). Shred chicken and continue cooking for another 2 hours (I turned it to low at this point). The original recipe says to serve over rice or chips.  We actually ate it in tortilla shells while others of us ate it with tortilla chips.  I added freshly chopped cilantro just before serving.  We added cheese and sour cream inside the tortillas.  Now I'm completely craving the leftovers!  YUM!

1 comment:

The Ward Family said...

Jenn...I am trying this for dinner tonight! I will let you know how it goes@