Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fruit Pizza

For St. Patrick's day, I wanted to do a little bit more than just dyeing the food green.  I decided to do a rainbow of sorts and made this fruit pizza.

Crust
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.  Mix in egg.  Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until just blended.  Roll dough onto a pizza pan (I, of course, used a Pampered Chef pizza stone).  Just a tip...you don't want the dough to touch the edges of your pan because it will expand to the end edges as it cooks (ask me how I know..my kitchen probably still stinks from cookie dough dripping off the edges of my pan since I decided I need to make more dough to go all the way to the edge).  Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (lightly browned).  Cool.

Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 to 1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 to 1 cup cool whip (I add this so the "frosting" isn't so heavy tasting)
1 tsp vanilla

Beat together.  Spread on crust when it's cooled.

Add sliced fruit.  Our layers of choice in this picture are strawberries (red), cantalope (orange), pineapple (yellow), grapes (green), blueberries (blue), and blackberries (purple)...our complete rainbow :)

No comments: