My friend Tammy brought these delicious goodies to our house. Once we started eathing them, they disappeared super quick!!! YUM!!!
* Saltine crackers
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 stick butter
* 12 oz. chocolate chips
* heath bar toffee chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. on 10 x 15 cookie sheet, arrange saltines in a single layer (salt side down), preferably on parchment
paper for easy cleanup.
3. Over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Stir until mixture thickens and starts to boil. (if you use dark brown sugar, be sure to boil until butter and sugar are totally combined.)
4. Pour butter and sugar mixture over saltines. Using back of spoon or spatula, spread mixture evenly over all of the crackers. Work quickly for it will start to cool.
5. Place cookie sheet in preheated oven.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. (exactly 10 mins. worked for my oven).Don't over cook.....it will burn. Don't under cook....it will stick to cookie sheet.
7. Immediately upon removing cookie sheet from oven, evenly sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers.
8. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes, then smooth the melted chocolate over the crackers using the back of a spoon or a spatula.
9. Sprinkle toffee chips on top of chocolate.
10. Freeze or refrigerate for 2+ hours. Break apart and enjoy. (I enjoy them most when they are served right out of the freezer.)
***There are variations of this chocolate toffee bar recipe. Some omit the toffee and use chopped pecans instead.