Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Bars

These treats remind me of being a child.  My Aunt RaNae would make these yummy cherry chocolate bars.  I've been thinking about them because I've had a can of nuts in my cupboard for awhile.  I didn't find cherry frosting at the store I went to so I just grabbed strawberry and hoped it would work.  It was just as yummy :)

Melt 1 pkg (12 oz) Hershey’s Chocolate Chips in the microwave.  Add ¾ cup peanut butter.  Melt and then add 12 oz salted peanuts, chopped.  Put ½ of chocolate mixture in buttered 9 x 13 pan and set.  Melt 20 marshmallows and add      to 1 can cherry frosting (Betty Crocker) or 1 pkg of Cherry Frosting mixed according to package.  Spread over chocolate layer and set.  Add remaining chocolate mixture.  Set and then cut into squares.    

I cut these into very small squares...they are just rich enough that you don't need much :)

1 comment:

Rob n Katie' said...

These were so Yummy! I was going to ask you about them and the chicken. It was all very tasty.