Friday, February 19, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

This recipe is from a dear sister from my hometown...Evelyn Findlay. These are similar to Special K Bars but much, much chewier. We took them to the pinewood derby/chili cook-off, and they were a hit! Good thing I ate a couple before we took them or I wouldn't have gotten any...I didn't even come home with the platter I took them on. :) I doubled the original recipe to fit on my cookie sheet...so here's the recipe doubled...
2 cups sugar
2 cups light corn syrup
2 cups peanut butter (I used creamy)
12 cups Rice Krispies
approx. 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (melted) with about 1 TBL of peanut butter.

In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add cereal and stir until coated. Spread onto a greased cookie sheet; press lightly. Spread melted chocolate/peanut butter over bars. YUM!!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love these...we call them scotcharoos.