Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crepes (Swedish Pancakes)


My friend Tiffany from Preschool shared this family recipe with me. They were VERY scrumptious! The kids devoured them :)

6 eggs
½ cup oleo (my friend uses soft butter...so that's what I did)
2 cups milk
1 ½ cups flour
1 TBS sugar
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Mix in the blender until well blended. No need to grease griddle unless it sticks and only the first round. Heat the griddle at medium high, and pour about ¼ cup per crepe. Just after pouring try to swirl the pan around this thins them out better. Or use the back of a ladle to thin them out that way too.

We used frozen strawberries that I has smashed and added a little sugar. We also had fresh blueberries which were my favorite. Of course, we each had to a little whipped cream to the inside, too! The kids enjoyed them so much they asked if we could eat them every day! Thanks, Tiffany!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE crepes!!!! could it be the swede in me?

Unknown said...

Yeah, I LOVE crepes too! I loved when my Mom would make them. But, I don't think I have any swede in me!