Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls


Give Melissa's yummy cinnamon roll recipe a try. We tried it this afternoon! Yum, Yum!
1/3 cups sugar
3Tbs yeast
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cups warm water
Mix until dissolved; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
Mix in 2 beaten eggs to the yeast mixture.
Add 1 1/2 tsp salt and 4 1/4 cups flour.
Melissa mixes this in her kitchen aid for about 5 minutes until it's a soft dough. Roll dough into rectangle shape. Brush with 1/4 cup melted butter, sprinkle with 1 1/2 T cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cups nuts (I opted for no nuts), a 3/4 cup raisins (I only used raisins on half the dough). Carefully roll dough, seal edges, and slice. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (I had a few extra so I also put them in a glass casserole dish) and let rest 10 mins. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.
Frost with glaze while still hot. Glaze: 2 cups powdered sugar 1/4 cup hot water, 1 T soft butter. (I had some frosting left over from something else in the fridge so we just used that :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks good! My Mom happens to be here this week and she just reminded me that she cut that recipe out of an old Friend magazine from the 80's!