Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sweet & Sour Chicken

I got this recipe from a fitness blog my cousin started. One of the ladies posted a yummy recipe for sweet & sour chicken. I'm ALWAYS looking for new chinese food type recipes so this was perfect.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cube 1 lb. chicken (boneless, skinless) and place in a greased baking dish.

Then combine all the ingredients over the stove and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

3/4 cup Ketchup
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 cup Pineapple Juice (she suggested using a cup of crushed pineapple so that's what I did :)
1/4 tsp Pepper or more if you like (next time I think I'll add a dash of red pepper flakes)
1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar (light or dark)
1/8 cup flour

Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Serve over rice. I did double this recipe but I had a lot left over so it became a great freezer meal :)

2 comments:

Steph said...

Is there anyway we can get the web address for this blog? Looks like it has some great recipes.

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas