Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chocolate Ice Water Cake


We accidentally opened a can of German Chocolate Frosting over the weekend so I had to use it. Of course, there wasn't any german chocolate or chocolate cake mixes in the cupboard, so I chose to make this one. This recipe comes from my elementary school's cookbook. The recipe was submitted by a neighbor of mine...Nola Haddock. She was a such a sweet lady. When I was in elementary school, she was the head cook. There was a reason I LOVED hot lunch in elementary...it was just like having a home cooked meal for lunch! I trust every recipe I have of hers...so when I saw this one, I knew it was the one to make for my can of frosting.
3/4 cup butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 sq. chocolate OR 2 TBL margarine and 6 TBL cocoa
1 1/2 tsp soda
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups ice water
2 tsp vanilla

Combine butter and sugar. Add eggs. Add chocolate. Add dry ingredients. Add water & vanilla. Mix well. Place in oven heated to 375 for 35 minutes. YUM!! YUM!!

No comments: