Friday, December 19, 2008

Peanut Butter Candy Cookies


3/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I used creamy since someone in my house doesn't like crunch PB)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour (I used whole wheat flour)
2 cups quartered mini Reese's cups (I chopped mine with my pampered chef chopper)
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Beat peanut butter and butter in large bowl. Beat in brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Beat in flour just until mixed. Stir in peanut butter cups. (I also added the chocolate chips here...I didn't realize they were for a "frosting"). Cover and refrigerate 1 hour until firm.

Preheat oven to 375. The original recipe is for 5-in cookies (hence the "need" for frosting) but I made these into just regular cookies. I scooped them onto a greased cookie and baked them for 10 minutes (until lightly browned). Removed to wire racks and cooled. Yummy, yummy! Can you tell I love peanut butter?!?! :)

No comments: