Friday, September 4, 2009

Malibu Chicken

While I was on vacation this summer, I kept seeing a commercial for Sizzler advertising their YUMMY Malibu Chicken. Of course, before I left, I had to go to Sizzler to eat :) I've been thinking about how it tasted for weeks now. So I went on a search to find the recipe. I found it at www.cdkitchen.com. I was so eager to taste it so I forgot to take a picture. It was tasty! I have one child who doesn't like cheese (except on pizza) so he's didn't have melted cheese on top...but everyone ate everything else! We'll definitely add this to the monthly menu!

1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 egg
1 TBL water
6 chicken breasts, skinned, boned, pounded thin (I actually used chicken tenderloins)
3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs (used the usual...Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs)
2 TBL vegetable oil
2 TBL butter
6 slices cooked ham
6 slices Swiss cheese (used Mozzarella...that's what's in the freezer)

Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Stir egg and water together with a fork. Coat each chicken piece with flour, dip into egg mixture, and then coat w/ crumbs. Press crumbs in firmly. Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken 4-5 minutes on each side. Place browned chicken on oven-proof platter, (I just used a 9x13 baking dish) top each piece with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts.

Dipping sauce...mix 1 tsp prepared mustard with 1/4 cup mayonnaise.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Very good!! Logan (20 months) ate all of it!
Next time I'll put a little cheese between the ham and chicken, it'll help it stick on :)