Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crunchy Sheet Cookies


These bar cookies are my hubby's very favorite cookies...so as a way to say "thank you" for the kitchen...I had to make them for him. :)
2 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp nutmeg
¾ tsp soda
2 cups oatmeal

Mix all ingredients together. Spread onto a large cookie sheet to within 1” of the sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Cut into squares immediately. Frost with a lemon frosting, if desired. (I just put about 2 cups of powdered sugar in a bowl and squeeze a fresh lemon into it. Mix and pour over the cookies)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

This recipe and the next no cook one looks so good that I am going to try and make them myself. Judy usually does the baking. Thanks!
Your new kitchen looks great!