Monday, October 4, 2010

Slow Cooker Peach Crisp


I made this DELICIOUS dessert tonight to go with our dinner. Oh my!!!! I will DEFINITELY be making this again. I basically doubled the recipe so I'll give you the amounts that I used. :)
5 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup quick oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 cup butter

Place sliced peaches in bottom of a greased crock pot. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender or a fork (I just added these ingredients in my Kitchen Aid). Mixture should be crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches. Cover the crock pot with a paper towel. Then put the lid over the paper towel and seal the crockpot. Cook on high for 2 hours. I didn't have vanilla ice cream so I just served it with whipped cream...I can only imagine that it would be even more delicious with ice cream!

2 comments:

Loyce said...

Does it matter what size crock-pot you have? I have a very large one, but I'd love to try this recipe. I love peach crisp.

Thanks

Handmade Soap

Rob n Katie' said...

This was perfect for my craving, especially without an oven.